Monday, September 28, 2009

Nerdfest at the Hammons Home

The Hammons family was recently introduced to a game called Talisman. It is a board game like no other. It is a perilous adventure in a fantastical world of magic and monsters. (It says so in the rule book...) Adam and Seth love Talisman. Rachel has been a good sport about playing and I got my first turn Saturday. Katie has no intrest in being nerdy with us.
Talisman isn't for the faint of heart. Our game lasted HOURS... Seth started out as the thief but died and had to pick another character. I was the Prophetess but at one time was turned into a toad for 3 turns. Seth loved that. Adam was a ghoul because he likes being evil.

Seth is getting quite good at the game. He definately understands it better than I do.


Adam had fun because I usually don't play things like this. He and Seth ganged up on me and stole some of my stuff while Seth was a thief.



I tried to be a good sport but the magical games and movies aren't my thing. It was fun to play with my boys though. The girls both found other things to do during nerdfest...Maybe next time. I can't imagine how long that game would last.





1 comment:

  1. We love playing games around here. It's fun and CHEAP! One of our fav's is Blokus.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to our blog!