Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Daddy is My Favorite Pal

I am blessed to have 2 Dads. My dad George, who died when I was 6; and my step-dad, Darrin who married my mom and raised us. My dad George is one of my favorite people to think about. Today would have been his birthday. What a beautiful day to remember him on. The weather is perfect!
I was young when he died, but I remember him vividly. He loved me with a love that I can't describe. He took me to work with him and nailed my shirt to the roof when he was roofing. He was a carpenter. I remember a lot of things about him, and certain things always bring back memories. If I hear the song "Mountain Music" by Alabama, I can't help but think of him.

I truly hope I have made him proud. I know he watches over me and smiles. One day I'm sure I will see him in heaven. Maybe we will go fishing...
Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Welcome to our blog!