Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday Victory







This year I am teaching a group of kids at church that are 3 years old and terribly rowdy. There are a lot of them so it is really tricky to get them to behave. I thought a long time about how I could get them to sit their little bottoms in their chairs and came up with my baby birdie idea.

I made them each a baby birdie and laminated it. Then I used velcro to attach it to their chair. I sent a letter to each of them in the mail telling them that their baby birdie would be waiting on them every Sunday. They would need to be good mommy and daddy birds and sit on their baby to keep it warm.

They LOVED it! It was so cute to see them excited about taking care of their baby birdie. I felt like I had won a war! Maybe the idea will last a while so they can get used to sitting still.



2 comments:

Welcome to our blog!